Sunday, September 29, 2019

THAT OLD OUTLAW...TIME - Bob Nolan one of the Sons of the Pioneers




"Now as I go along, he steals from me.
My way of life. My woman's love. My peace of mind.
If I could see him I'd hit him. If I could reach him I'd kill him.
That old outlaw...Time." 


In 1979, Bob Nolan, one of the original "Sons of the Pioneers," emerged from long retirement to cut "The Sound of a Pioneer." The most gripping song was "That Old Outlaw Time."


A year later, June 16, 1980, he was dead.  


Johnny Cash would later be part of a morbid video for his cover of "Hurt," and in a flurry of activity before his death, cover a variety of grim songs and warning ballads, including "The Man Comes Around." 


"This shadow I can't seem to shake is not flesh and blood. This is a stranger each man faces in his own mind; filling him with fear and doubt. And behind it all, is that old outlaw: Time." 


Karloff couldn't have narrated it better. 

"No way to win...no way to win...against that old outlaw...TIME."


That Old Outlaw Time - instant download or listen online - no password, no make-you-pay Rapidgator crap, no freak website taking you to Spyware-ville

No comments: