Tuesday, November 19, 2019

HUNTERS KILL THEIR FRIENDS AND LOVERS - “Molly Bond”


"She looked like a swan! So I killed her..." 
Think you could get off with that kind of defense? Wait till you hear "Molly Bond." 
It's a tragic traditional folk song resuscitated by the Irish group Oysterband.  


The story begins with a warning to hunters "that delight in a gun." Be careful, you trigger-happy dimwit of a fucking coward. You're so eager to kill ANYTHING that moves, you might just end up killing a friend or lover. Especially if you're reaching out in the dark twilight of the day. 


"Her apron flew around her. I took her as a swan. And I shot my own darling at the setting of the sun."
Yes:
"I shot my own darling, and where shall I run?" 


What else would he sing after killing a girl he mistook for a swan? "Swaneeeee, how I love ya, how I love ya...."

All seriousness aside, just run to court with your high-priced lawyer, say it was an accident, and you're fine.
What would prevent tragedies like this? How about if humans weren't so sadistic and stupid that they think killing animals is a "sport?"  
Are there any intelligent, sensitive, decent hunters? Doubtful. After all, look at who likes to kill animals: THESE two Trump assholes. Case closed.


The original version of MOLLY BOND, when the group was called "THE OYSTER BAND" not OYSTERBAND.


No comments: